It is not possible to book this scheduled event for one of the following reasons:
NQT Induction 2020-2021
This is the package training from the Wessex Group for NQTs, spanning the first year. As well as useful, informative and professionally delivered content, the NQTs are immediately part of a network of like-minded individuals who they are likely to meet again in their careers within and outside the Wessex Group of colleges. This network can be a great support group for them, especially in this first year. These sessions will run either online or in-person, depending on constraints and advice at the time.
Session 1: Managing the Classroom
- Introduction to the NQT network
- ‘Sanity in the Classroom’ by renowned external trainer Andy Vass
Sessions 2 & 3
These days will include opportunities to share ideas and practical tips combined with a choice of workshops covering topics such as:
- Effective assessment and feedback
- Insight from recent NQTs
- Mental well-being for yourself and your students
- Coaching conversations
- Creating engagement in a digital classroom
- Practical peer assessment
Session 4: The View From Here
- Review of the year
- Career and professional development
- Interviews with experienced teachers showing a variety of career paths
- Looking ahead to next year
Booking must be done via your college Staff Development Officer. It is useful to know of special diets, any accessibility needs, and an indication of your route in teaching.
Closing date is Monday, 5th October 2020. * Please book sooner rather than later. *
Joining instructions and confirmation of a place will take place soon after that date. The charge for the package of 4 sessions is around £55 per head.